We’re looking for a buyer/purchasing agent skilled in decision making, math, negotiating, and analytical ability to help in evaluating suppliers, searching for the best price, quality assurance, and delivery time of products. The buyer and purchasing agent will monitor contracts to ensure the vendors and suppliers comply with the terms and conditions of the contract. He/she will maintain accurate records of past purchases, costs, deliveries, inventories, and product performances. He/She will be expected to attend meetings, and conferences to remain current about new industry trends. The buyer and Purchasing Agent reports to the General Manager ShelfLife.
- Sourcing and ordering quality pharmaceutical products at competitive(best) prices
- Ensure in full, error free(meets required standards), on time deliveries
- Contract negotiation with suppliers and manufacturers
- Manage and monitor stocks in conjunction with Central Sort Manager to ensure we maintain ideal stocks to fulfill routine and top-up orders on time.
- Ensure accuracy of purchase orders
- Inform on out of stock situations and update on FS
- Inform on quantity discounts(bonuses) and advise the team on quantities to be bought.
- Research on new products requests(availability, suppliers and best prices)
- Periodic review of current products and advise management
- Follow up with accounts to ensure payments are done on time
- Be up to date to market changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, or Business/Accounting.
- A Pharmaceutical qualification will be an added advantage
- In depth knowledge of Pharma industry
- Excellent negotiation, writing, verbal & communications skills
- Relationship building and management skills
- Proficiency in using MS Office / Google Docs
- Flexible, well organized & experience working with a team
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with Pharmaceutical distributors or wholesalers in Kenya would be and added advantage