Field is seeking a talented and detailed-oriented content writer for a fixed term freelance role. This is an opportunity to help shape the brand voice for a company committed to improving access to healthcare in Africa.
Field is a fast-growing, mission-focused healthtech, providing critical supply chain services for public and private health systems in Nigeria and Kenya. Our investor-backed Shelf Life service powers one of the largest networks of community pharmacies in Africa. Our technology platform, Field Supply, powers both Shelf Life and large-scale public health supply chains, helping serve millions of patients each year. We are a diverse and distributed team of people working at the forefront of technology on meaningful, interesting, and urgent issues.
What you’ll do
- Take the lead on crafting the communication strategy for a major update to the Shelf Life service structure.
- Restructure and rewrite sales enablement and client onboarding materials (e.g. brochures, website copy, handbooks).
- Work with sales and product leadership to identify and fill in communication gaps around the service.
- Write email templates for service updates, milestones, reminders and other key moments in the customer journey.
- Work with the sales/CX/product teams to identify opportunities for client education (e.g. what to expect at this stage) and develop new materials to make sure our clients are informed and getting the most out of their service.
- Interview clients and write up their stories for use in marketing materials.
- Write templates for notifications and reminders.
- Work with product teams to write updates to the UX copy in the Shelf Life app, maintaining consistency with the language used in sales and marketing materials.
- Create content models/guides for the service’s key concepts, to help us maintain consistent language and tone.
We’re looking for someone with:
- A proven record of excellent writing, demonstrated in a professional portfolio.
- An impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions.
- The ability to write clearly, distilling complex ideas and processes into simple, easy to understand sentences.
- Familiarity with the healthcare/pharmacy market.
- The ability to work independently and take the lead in steering and structuring projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Experience working with and contributing to brand style guides and publication policies.
- Good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary.
If this is you, please send an email with a portfolio/samples of your writing, along with a rate card to [email protected]