Field is seeking a detail-oriented and enthusiastic Junior Finance Associate to support its fast-growing Nigerian operations. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global team, use new technologies, and help ensure accurate and timely accounts, support development of policies and procedures, and improve customer success and access to healthcare across Nigeria.
Reports to the Senior Accountant and the Global Finance Lead
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Correctly compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, other deductions, and non-taxable wages
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, pension, NHF, and other compensation payments.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies as they arise.
- Maintaining payroll operations and filing by following statutory policies and procedures
- Statutory Filings - Correctly booking and Processing monthly statutory returns including payroll contributions and withholding tax, Pension, NHF, ITF, NSITF etc. while ensuring that Field meets all its statutory requirements timeously.
- Reconciling and booking Fulfillment Partners information
- Working with the collections to review accounts, reconcile client payments, reconcile credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms.
- Generating reports and statements for internal use.
- VAT - Prepare and filing of monthly VAT, ensuring this is done within the stipulated deadline
- Perform routine bookkeeping functions as requested by Finance Lead or Global Head of Finance
- Support the finance department with any other ad-hoc tasks
- University degree in Accounting or Finance related discipline - ICAN/ACCA qualification is an added advantage
- At least three years finance experience preferably in FMCG, Pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Strong Knowledge of Payroll, financial postings and financial policies is required
- Ability to extract, analyze and reconcile large volumes of data
- Extremely detail oriented and ability to function effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of all the relevant Nigerian Tax legislation
If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.