Field is seeking to hire a successful Senior Accountant with excellent analytical skills, thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyse financial reports and forecasts. The senior accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and documented. He/she will be responsible for the preparation of financial statements and ensure insightful data from the reports. He/she is tasked with the authenticity of financial reports, regulatory compliance and analysis of financial data.
Reports to The Finance Lead
Tax & Accounting
- Oversee day-to-day accounting activities and produce month and year end reporting
- Manage and monitor all daily activities of the junior accountants (Account Associates and Account Receivable officers)
- Assist the Nigeria team with execution of their assigned tasks in order to ensure Group reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Provide technical accounting support and coaching to the Nigeria team
- Coordinate with external tax consultant for income tax computation and ensure compliance with all other applicable legislations
- Be accountable for the correctness and completeness of the accounting; legal and tax reporting; and fulfilment of all regulatory and internal requirements
- Lead the annual audit process and liaise with external auditors to ensure timely completion of the annual audit
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Mentor and develop a team of accountants, managing work allocation, systems training and building of an effective and efficient team dynamic
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll laws and best practices
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
- Oversee weekly cash management, approve payables
- Supervise Accounts Receivable Management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
- Qualified accountant with internationally recognised qualification e.g. ICAN/ACCA, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years finance experience preferably in FMCG, Pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, (e.g. articulate when communicating to senior staff and able to present financial information to non-finance professionals).
- Strong attention to detail and a strong track record of achievement
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS desirable
- Team leader / people management experience.
- Experience in preparing monthly financial reporting.
- Knowledge and experience of all the relevant Nigerian Tax legislation
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools and working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting System
- An ability to develop and enhance management reporting to meet business needs.