Field is hiring for a Global Finance Lead to work directly with the CEO and leadership team of one of the fastest growing healthtech companies in Africa. As the head of Field’s Finance Department, the Global Finance Lead will help develop the overarching finance strategy for the company, support its fundraising and operations, collaborate with Field’s product team in the development of new technologies, lead accounting teams in four countries, and ensure financial planning and analysis, management reporting, tax, treasury, and audits. The role has exciting potential for professional growth and genuine impact.
Oversee and support Field’s group accounting functions.
- Support the Group Accounting Manager in fulfilling the accounting and reporting activities in each country, ensuring timely management and board reports and audit preparation
- Ensure data quality and process integrity as the Company grows
Ensure integration between Field’s core operational and finance functions.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Leads in Nigeria and Kenya to strengthen core planning, procurement, and execution processes
- Lead cash flow and liquidity planning and working capital management to ensure continuous operations against plan and to goal
- Own delivery of key financial outcomes
Direct development and implementation of Field’s overarching financial strategy.
- Lead budget development and management through the Budget Committee
- Lead treasury management and execution
- Provide monitor and implement measures to mitigate and manage risk, including fx and liquidity risks
- Support debt and equity raises, including development of new investors and lenders, and support investor relations management
- Ensure continuous improvement of core financial and associated processes and organizational structures, including development of new capabilities and functional teams
- Minimum six years experience in finance roles. Minimum three years in senior management and ready to take the next step in the career
- Experience leading operations with extensive supply chain operations, inventory finance, and foreign exchange exposure is required
- Extensive experience in emerging markets, specifically Nigeria and Kenya, and excellent familiarity with US and/or EU corporate and financial operations preferred
- Experience working closely with procurement and operations to ensure strategic purchasing and vendor management
- Experience with pharmaceutical distribution, financial information systems and ERPs - and/all in Africa considered a plus
- MS or MBA in Finance or Accountancy, Certified Financial Analyst, Chartered Public Accountant or related degree preferred but not required
- Mission-oriented professional unafraid of working smart and hard in a fast-paced and multicultural environment
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya. Note, domestic and international travel among offices is expected
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Key Management Roles: Group Accountant
- Key Leadership Roles: Chair, Credit Committee; Chair, Budget Committee
- Key Stakeholder Relationships: Field Board of Directors, investors and lenders, external accountants and auditors, key suppliers, banking partners