We’re looking for a engineering manager to help us build and maintain the teams and processes which deliver the technology to run our country-scale supply chain platforms.
You will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and coaching engineering team members, as well as working closely with engineering, product and business teams to define and implement processes and tools to enable rapid, reliable delivery of tech solutions.
Although you will not be expected to contribute code, we are looking for a candidate with experience in engineering, to better inform their process and coaching work.
You will report directly to the CTO, and play a key role in helping shape the structure of Field's engineering organisation.
- Professional software development experience, working on live enterprise systems
- Significant professional experience in an engineering management role, with a demonstrable track record of building and effective teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high degree of emotional and interpersonal awareness
- MS/BA/BS in computer science, or comparable work experience
- Creative and investigative mindset with a strong desire to learn new domains
- Professional experience working with diverse, cross-cultural teams
- Location: Our team is largely remote, however for this people-focused role, we would like a candidate to be able to spend significant time (min 3 months in the first 12) on the ground in our operational markets (Nigeria especially), to learn the context and work directly with our technical teams
- Language skills: English (fluent)
- Experience building and managing data-driven decision-support systems
- Experience with supply chain applications
- Experience working with engineering teams in both Europe and Nigeria